Thursday, April 4, 2013

God is my Strength


I am not a strong person.  In fact, I am quite deficient.  I do not have the strength or courage to do anything without God.  He is my strength.  I am nothing but a weak person whose life is filled with all sorts of hardships and at times insults, calamities and persecution.  These things cannot be escaped.  They are part of being a follower of Christ.  But if I humbly present every weakness, hardship, and difficulty to Christ, His power can be made perfectly manifest in these areas of my life for God Our Father’s glory.  His work of love can be done through my weakness.  In submitting all areas of my life to Christ, His Spirit can powerfully bless me while glorifying the Father.  And, I can trust that when I am at my weakest and most vulnerable God’s grace will be more than enough to get me through.  He has promised me that.  

“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment