Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Do Not Fear


This is easier said than done.  Life is full of challenges.  They come and they go.  There will always be something in life that seems stressful or overwhelming.  It’s how we handle the troubles that counts.  It’s hard at times to rest in the knowledge that God is with us blessing us with the gifts of His Spirit.  It is difficult at times to entrust all that is happening to the Lord.  It’s hard to let go and let God.

I find when difficulties and challenges arise in my life I become anxious, nervous, concerned, even afraid of what will come.  Fear of the unknown can cause me to feel overwhelmed and distressed.  Peace seems far off and I struggle to find the courage and strength I need to get through the troubles or issues I am dealing with.  I know I shouldn’t let life become overwhelming but at times I do.  The challenge for me is recognizing God is present and that He has promised to give me the grace I need to walk through any trouble in a way that honors and glorifies Him and fills me with the peace I seek.  I simply need to accept the courage and strength God is blessing me with and walk fearlessly through whatever challenges I face.

“Say to those who are of a fearful heart, “Be strong, do not fear!” (Isaiah 35:4 NRSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment