Monday, April 8, 2013

Do Not Lie


Yikes, this is a tough one.  There are so many instances when I have told a fib or a “little white lie”.  I don’t want to offend someone or hurt their feelings.  There have been times when I don’t want another person to be angry or upset with my choices so I skirt the truth and tell a lie.  Sometimes it’s so easy to lie and so hard to be honest and tell the truth.  But this scripture is really clear.  “Do not lie to each other.” (Colossians 3:9 NIV)

I realize that lies are from the king of deception and that when I tell a lie I am being deceitful.  I recognize now that in lying I am allowing Satan a firm place in my heart and mind.  I do not want to walk in darkness and say things that do not honor and glorify God.  Even if I am uncomfortable or cause others to be upset with me I need to be honest and truthful if I want to keep Satan at bay and do what is right and good.

I know that if I ask the Holy Spirit to guide my words when I am tempted to lie, He will give me the exact words to speak that will not hurt or harm.  The truth will truly set me free.  So I choose to be honest even if it is difficult at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment