Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Give Thanks


I do not give thanks enough for all God has given to me and done for me.  So often I forget to give thanks in all circumstances, joyous and distressful.  I frequently go through an entire day without once saying, “Thank You!”  It’s not that I am ungrateful.  It’s more that I am not demonstrative with my thanks.  And, who doesn’t like to be thanked when they do something for you?  If I didn’t say, “Thank you,” to someone for a gift they would consider me strange and thoughtless.  I know God gives without expecting a return.  His gifts are freely given in love.  But I realize that I need to focus more on having a grateful heart at all times.  It’s not for God’s sake, it’s for my sake, for my growth.  It’s so I become more joyful and peace-filled by recognizing how God is moving and working in my life and in the lives of those I love and care for.  When I focus on God’s movement in my life I always feel encouraged and blessed.  So from now on I will take a moment, a few times a day, just to give thanks for all that I am being blessed with.   

“Give thanks in all circumstances: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NRSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment