Monday, July 29, 2013

The Inner Self

"Rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious to God." (1 Peter 3:4)

God does not focus on what is on the outside but only on the inner person. He looks for hearts that are loving and kind, souls that is holy and filled with grace, and minds that are wise and understanding.  It is what is on the inside that determines who we are and how we choose to behave. So, let's focus on our hearts, minds and souls and give ourselves entirely to the Lord so that He can mold and shape us into His image and likeness.  If we entrust all of who we are to Him we will be truly blessed and joyful.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to focus my attention on what is inside my heart, mind and soul.  I want to be pleasing to You.  Help me to entrust all of who I am to You so that You can mold and shape me into Your image and likeness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment