Friday, June 14, 2013

New Hearts

“A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”(Ezekiel 36:26)
When we encounter Jesus with an open heart He can create within us a new heart - one that desires only to do Our Father’s will.  He can give us a new spirit inspired by His Spirit – one that listens to His gentle urgings within and moves with wisdom.
Blessed are those who have faithfully followed Jesus with hearts of love since their youth.  Blessed too are those who discover or rediscover Him later in their lives and begin anew to live guided by His love.
It is Jesus’ joy to bless and recreate the hearts of His people.  It gives Him profound joy to help turn sinful hearts back to His Father in faithful service.  He loves to love us and bless us with His mercy transforming us with His very presence within.
Prayer:
Dear Jesus, I give You my heart.  Recreate it and fill it with Your love.  Transform me and use me as an instrument of Your love.  May I always listen to You speaking within my heart and find peace in You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment