Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sinful Habits


“For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do.” (Romans 7:19 NRSV)
My flesh is weak but my spirit is willing and the two clash frequently.  My sinful habits took time to establish and they will take time to eliminate or change.  At times my sinful habits can be devastating to my soul.  As I act on my sinful habits darkness enters my heart and soul clouding my mind, compromising my decisions.  My heart and soul darkened by sin have a difficult time recognizing then embracing grace.  So, I must confess my sinful habits and pray for the grace and strength to be transformed.  I need to allow God’s grace to illuminate my habits that are sinful and allow His Holy Spirit to direct me in how to alter those habits. 
It will take time to change so I must try not to grow impatient with myself as I work to be transformed.  I must realize that temptation to sin will be greater and Satan will present me with more opportunities to act on my sinful habits.  I have to be careful and not fall into his traps.  I must be astute and turn to God when I recognize Satan’s tactics knowing that God will help me stand firm against him.  I know that Satan will fight for my soul but Jesus has already won the battle for it.  I belong to Jesus and He is greater and stronger than Satan.  By Christ’s sacrifice He won all souls who choose to turn to Him for salvation.  Through Baptism God claimed my soul and I know He will not allow the evil one to take me from Him.  So I need to stand firm in my resolve to change.  I must fight the good fight and allow the Holy Spirit to strengthen me and rest in the knowledge that I am God’s precious child who is striving to become more loving each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment