Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Prayer of the Mentally Ill


I feel a profound need to get this prayer out to those who are struggling with all forms of mental illness.  There are prayers for those who are ill but none written from the perspective of the ill person seeking relief in God.  If you know anyone suffering from mental illness get this to them.  It may help them.
Thank you!

Prayer of the Mentally Ill
Lord, Jesus, I offer You my mental illness and ask You to bless me with the courage and strength I need to endure it patiently with grace. Send forth Your Holy Spirit and grant me clarity of mind so that I do not disparage myself for being ill, but accept my illness and seek appropriate treatment. Lord, let me not be a burden to those who love and care for me. Grant us patience with one another and mutual acceptance. Heavenly Father, hold me in Your arms and keep me safe from all harm and fill me with Your peace. And, Lord, if it is Your will, take this cross from me and bring me complete healing. Amen.
Written by Ann Fitch

No comments:

Post a Comment