Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Loving

“Be completely humble and gentle: be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
Society teaches us to compete, to be the best, to place ourselves first.  Many believe it’s okay to do whatever you want or need to get ahead in the world.  But as Christians we are called to think of ourselves less and others more - to desire what’s best for others, what will bring them and us closer to God.  If we humble ourselves and act out of love we will by our actions lead others to the love of God.  Our patience, humility and gentleness will be a direct reflection of God’s love and draw souls to Him.
Prayer:
O Holy Spirit, bless me and fill me with your presence.  Help me to be patient, humble and gentle.  May I always draw others to God by my actions.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment