Saturday, May 25, 2013

Believe


"I do believe: help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24)

Do I really believe that God can do anything?  Do I believe He can heal the sick, transform lives, and raise the dead to new life?  Do I believe all that He has promised me - in the forgiveness of my sins, in His providence, in salvation, and in eternal life?

I say, "Yes, but..."  Is that because I am doubting God's word and His power or is it because my mind cannot fathom the totality of God's power and might?  I think it is my limiting God with my finite and human understanding of His infinite divinity.  I know God works miracles every day.  I know that He is all powerful and mighty.  I need to believe that with all my heart, mind and soul because if I truly believe God will work in amazing and powerful ways in my life and in the lives of those I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment